Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ode to My Backpack

Time for some updates & I have a headache!

Oh, such exciting things you get to hear about.

I'm about to begin a pretty epic endeavor. Spring break has snuck up upon us. 10 days. 1 backpack. First of all, I would just like to say that although it's really impressive when you can live out of a backpack, it's not nearly as romantic as it sounds. The backpack I'm backpacking across Europe with is an all-black Jansport that I had a pretty brilliant idea to have my friends decorate with silver Sharpies when I was a sophmore in high school. It used to be my school backpack (for all of one year, so it's in great shape) and now it gets me around the world. The best part of it though is when you're tired and angsty sitting at the airport all hungry and out of it, you look down at your backpack and it has all the lyrics from the Sailor Moon theme song written on it, along with all kinds of drawings and signatures. It makes me endlessly happy. I'm glad I went through a phase of buying all black things and then having people draw on them at rehearsals and school. I have this black corduroy messenger bag I used to carry, and on the inside lining Evan has written all over it and it says things like "E to the V to the A L I C I O U S..." and "You are H.O.T! That spells sexy!" These things make me smile on airplanes or in math class. This backpack has all kinds of wonderful things on it that I just rediscovered. Of course it says I <3 Kaila huge across the top. There's also a strap that reads, "Life's easy, FLUTE'S hard." Trisha, Tara, and Siena by the names of the girls from the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.


Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Barcelona, where I am meeting up with Mel for a few days before we go onto Lisbon. I have no idea what we're going to do in Lisbon, BUT! All the adventures are sure to follow. On Wednesday I am taking 2 plans and a train to Strasbourg where I will meet up with the lovely Evan Revak once again, so stay tuned! Pictures and stories (always stories) to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment