Monday, April 9, 2012

A List of Things I'm Homesick For

2 MONTHS!! TWO MONTHS DOWN SURVIVING IN CANNES! YES! Things are going well here, but today we were all kinds of wistful in our French class talking about important American foods/holidays/people/customs. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge things you miss. So here is a list of obnoxious shit I need to do ASAP upon my arrival home--
  • A serious pedicure. My feet are just a hot mess. You never realize how much you appreciate all of the 25 nail salons in downtown Los Altos until there aren't any cheap ones.

  • Shopping at Forever 21. I just want to buy like a hundred things for fifty dollars.

  • VANS. I want it to be summer in California so I can buy and wear a new pair of fucking VANS. Like maybe you don't understand how bad I want this.

  • Popcorn. Ugh. I'm literally going through withdrawal. It's a main staple of my diet.

  • Marinated tofu and fresh (non-salad fixings) vegetables. #californiaproblems

  • MY CARRRRRR!!! My caaarrrrrr....When I get back I swear to God I'm just going to sit in it and cry tears of joy onto its black leather interior that has that smell in the summer.

  • Matzah. I know. But have you HAD matzah with butter? And cinnamon sugar? It's Passover. I miss it.

  • I AM GOING TO ROLL BONNIE AROUND ON THE FLOOR FOR LIKE 6 HOURS.

  • Cranberry juice. Everything good in the world is made with cranberries. This is my life philosophy.

  • Seeing movies in English!! Mel and I went to see HUNGER GAMES IN ENGLISH finally when we were in Lisbon. Thank the lord. I thought it was well done. Neat and very enjoyable. I look forward to Catching Fire. It better be the best movie ever made or someone's gonna die.
  • I'm going to get a Spirit Hood. And wear it everywhere. And you're going to deal with it. Haters gonna hate.
  • Cold chocolate-covered peanut-putter filled pretzels out of the freezer and Nic Cage movies. Truly an unrivaled combination of the gods.
  • A haircut. Oh please please please.
  • Last but not least, ease of communication. Sorry if it seems like I've dropped off the face of the earth lately! I have been traveling for basically a month and now I'm back in Cannes hardcore through May. Send me letters! Send me postcards or videos or messages or whatever you wish!! I shall send you many back. :) Here is my address again if you need it:
Michaela Stewart
c/o AIFS
College International de Cannes
1 Avenue
du Dr. Pascal
06400 Cannes. France

Major ridiculous stories to come soon from Spring Break! Miss you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment